Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm reading OSHO- The Book Of Understanding and was just moved by a sentence.

"Is the rose selfish when it blooms?"

Jumping out of my skin would describe how I feel about this little sentence- whoop, whoop- high five- that sort of thing.

Selfishness has been a shadow following me, tapping me on the shoulder- looking for a way in. Armed in my righteousness I was impermeable, honorably suffering- "you are so nice", "thank you Fawna" "oh Fawna, you are so much better than SO and SO- they are so selfish".

The people in my life who most irritate me have a common label- selfish- and we all know what that means!

Selfishly I have kept myself above, kept myself away from the things I love, kept myself barricaded in a gilded cage of my own keeping.

Now I desire to be a rose, a rose as I was meant to be, being and doing joyful things, blooming.

No comments:

Post a Comment