Monday, November 15, 2010

Celebrating Gentle

Celebrating Gentle

When I’m asked “what is CranioSacral Therapy” I almost always use the word “gentle”.

After months of chemotherapy, acupuncture, radiation and every medical test known to man (or so it seemed) I was SO relieved to experience gentle.

Not only was the experience amazing, the results- a return of my energy and freedom from pain, led me to train in this ‘gentle’ modality.

Have you noticed how harsh our North America has become, the commercials, the music, the media? Not a lot of ‘gentle’ reporting on Fox news!

Don’t get me wrong- there is a time and a place for force- opening Ketchup jars, splitting firewood or firemen kicking in doors or instance.

What I am thinking about is balance- let us not save gentleness for babies, small animals and new love.

Like the light touch of CranioSacral (generally no greater than the weight of a nickel), how much more effective might we be if we used kinder and softer words, gentle reactions, gentle self talk?

Draw some gentle into your day today, take a quiet walk, watch your words (yes, the ones in your head too!) embrace yourself as you would a newborn.

In your meditation, or the quiet minutes before you get up – taste the word gentle on your tongue- think the word and try to feel and absorb gentle into every part of you.

My experience is that gentle can be an exquisite form of strength.

In the words of Ghandi “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” And I know that you are a world shaker!

No comments:

Post a Comment