Sunday, January 27, 2013

Crossing the River and Sharing

This little meditation  seems to have a life of her own.  I sent it to my friend Tricia Evans, a gifted musician (some of her work).  Trish, Dusty and I made up a third of our elementary school class at Longview school.  She now co-owns Taylor Sound, a recording studio in Calgary, AB.

Within a couple of days Trish had not only a musical impression to back the meditation but a song that wanted to come out of it too.  The song is coming soon...

When I did my vision board this year there is a component that speaks to my love of collaboration, the magic that can happen when you share openly.  What has been evident for Trish and I is the joy of just allowing something- without the need to mould or guard or over-engineer and then to just set it free without expectations.

Marianne Williamson shared the quote on her website this week that “An idea grows stronger when it is shared” from A Course In Miracles.  The idea behind this meditation is that we are naturally okay, the skill to finding this is undoing- taking off the costume.  The problem is that we are very attached to the costumes, so attached in fact that we can’t even see that there may be another way.

I took a part of Tad Hargraves Radical Business Incentive this weekend (my heart called me home for the duration- another story).  I got so much out of just three hours on Friday, but one of the biggies is that I’d like my work focussed around an idea, and here is the idea:

I have this picture in my mind that eventually everyone will have the ability to follow their hearts and it would all work out, if I want an apple I would reach out and it would be someones joy to give it to me, and someone else’s joy to transport it, and someone else’s joy to pick it and someone else’s joy to plant it.  


Here is a link to the meditation with background tunes, it starts a little of the way in: 



Photo 2011, Sarah Pilkington and I in the River :)

No comments:

Post a Comment