Sunday, June 26, 2011

Rainbow Connection

I woke up this morning with the song "I want to be a Billionaire" by Bruno Mars in my head. Then it switched to
Jessie J. and "Pricetag"- opposing messages- both appealing, perfectly mirroring the struggle in this world.

I spent some time on YouTube and found myself listening to Jason Mraz (sigh) and "Rainbow Connection". I then
listened to 'Rainbow Connection' by the Carpenters and Kermit and was drawn to looking at the lyrics.

When I hear someone (or myself) say "Well, it's just like _______",something absolute, I often hear the words of this song
"somebody thought of it, and someone believed it". If you listen you will notice how much time we spend reinforcing
facts that if looked at honestly always have exceptions. As Byron Katie says "is it true?" "is it really true?" "how do I feel
when I think this?" "how would I feel without this story?".

As I listened to the lyrics I was awestruck at the Truth in them and 'the rainbow connection'. A rainbow, as I understand it,
is refracted light. Just like all of this- I mean ALL of this- my computer, my hands on the computer, the copy of ACIM and
the phone beside me here. It is all refracted light and like a rainbow is seems so, so real.

I love when songs/movies point the way- gentle, kind reminders waiting for us to be willing.

"rainbows are visions, but only illusions"

"all of under it's spell, we know that it's probably magic"

"have you been half asleep and have you heard voices"

"Who said that every wish would be heard and answered?
Wished on the morning star,
somebody thought of that and someone believed it
and look what it's done so far
What's so amazing that keeps us star gazing
and what do we think we might see?"

This line in particular is very aligned with Ho'oponopono, ACIM- and the other paths that have attracted me.
Our suffering is wishing for something other than what 'is' - looking upon everything with a wish- a desire
for it to be different, "and look what it's done so far"

Acceptance, not to be confused with 'oh well, nothing matters anyway' is what we seek and yet seem to have
difficulty giving.

Enjoy the music and look for the messages- they are all around us.

"Some day we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me"

No comments:

Post a Comment