Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Judge Away

“Judge not that ye be not judged” Matthew 7:1



As a seeker many paths seemed to lead to this idea of not judging. We do it (judge) relentlessly as well as hating it rigorously, hating it when we do it and hating it when we are the subject.

As we gathered last Monday, in the little cabin in my yard, we joined in a guided meditation. As I got quiet I noticed the flies in my cabin- buzzing and the judgments in my head- buzzing. Right behind the buzzing- STOP JUDGING- you are here in this “spiritual space” and you have idea’s about every person in here (including yourself). This was not the gentle Stop Judging of Spirit, it was the ego- jumping on the judgments- bad, bad, bad.

Intellectually I know that judgment is not good for me- the ME (the truth)- well- it is unaffected- wholeness is whole, love can only love. Judgment however holds me apart from this, it is the glue that keeps the idea of separation going.

Intellectually I know that I don’t want to sit on the seat of the judge, when I am identified with the independent, individual judge- WHO is not guilty? Blame or shame, it’s your fault or mine.

In a treatment recently I heard- quit trying to avoid being judged (by attempting perfection, trying so hard, trying to stay ahead of everyone, trying to anticipate everyone’s needs) you have been judged and the verdict is ...

INNOCENT

So as I sat in this meditation, hearing the little troll voice saying- you are judging, you are judging (in that sing-song mocking way), I asked Holy Spirit to look at this with me. I am willing to give up judgment, Holy Spirit what do I need to do?

The answer was a relief. I knew by the feeling and the lightness and the simplicity that this was Truth rather than troll.

“JUDGE AWAY”- wow- really? “BUT NOT BY YOURSELF” ahhhh

If we judge with Holy Spirit, with Love, with Jesus, with Buddha, with God, whatever you want to call it- what are we going to come to? Would Jesus say- yes, she is bad- she is a bad one, just plain bad- you are justified in this judgment- ha ha ha.

So the pressure to 'not judge' is off, and as is better for Me in all things, I only need to ask to have Divine assistance.



No comments:

Post a Comment