Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Love In Escrow

Today was a day of deep and meaningful conversations (definitely on my bliss list). There were several aha's, but the one I want to talk about has led to something I want to try- and I invite you to try it with me.

I caught myself saying "you loved him all you could- it hasn't gone to waste- that love is in escrow, when he is ready to open to it it will be there for him".

Before I go on- here is the definition of escrow.

"Money and documents deposited in a trust account to be held by one party for another"

I have been trying to be mindful to what I am saying lately- often the advice I give to other people is just as applicable, if not more, to me.

Shortly after saying the statement above I thought "am I holding any love in escrow?" Are there people that have tried to love me that I have blocked. I'm certain of it.

When I go to bed tonight I plan to spend some quiet moments 'allowing'- I'll say something like "I am willing to open to all of the love that is in escrow for me", "I am willing to believe that I am worthy of all the love I've been given". And see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. I was chatting with my best friend today and offerring advice very mindfully. Before my words were finished I realized I needed to heed the same advice. So true how we do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes advice giving seem so much more humble- we are all in this together~ Thanks Jenn

    ReplyDelete