Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hot Tips for a Happy Life April 2011

In this issue:
Welcome
Hot Tip- Security vs. Safety
Upcoming workshop
Light Touch, Big Impact Sessions


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to spring!

How are you finding yourself coming out of winter and into spring?

Fresh and pushing through like new grass?

Wobbly and unsure like a brand new calf?

Soaring like the eagles on their return?

No matter how you are feeling, spring is a time of new beginnings. I'm beginning my 4th decade this spring. What are you beginning?

And what's with all the questions? Smile. Just want to remind you- that it's about you.

You Matter.

Love,
Fawna

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of months ago my parents returned from Mazatlan, and as is very common,
my Dad had a book for me.

This book "Talking with Nature" By Michael J. Roads had definitely seen better days. Or to put it more positively- she had been well loved. He had picked it up in a second hand store.

Held together with 5 bandaids, dirty and ragged- but like us- with absolutely no impact on it's value. I devoured this book and fell in love with Michael Roads.

There were several aha's but the one that has been sticking with me is what I'd like to share with you today. In one part of the book Michael is shown the difference between safety and security.

Security vs. Safety

Have you ever said "I need ________ to feel secure", whether it is $$$, a person, or some thing. It seems innocent enough. "I know exactly what I need". "Once I have ___________then I will feel secure".

What things around you make you feel secure, or would make you feel secure?

We talk a lot about insecurities, and we behave in ways that suggest that we do not feel secure-from a place of fear we have three possible reactions- fight, flight or freeze. Look around, how much time are we spending in just these three states of being.

One opposite of fear is freedom.

Consider the word 'security' - to secure- to hold. The problem with security is that it has the potential to limit your freedom. Do the things that you think or want make you feel SAFE?or SECURE?

Feel those two words in your body. Just say them and notice.

Safe. Safe feels absolute to me, grounded and sure. I am safe.

Secure. Secure feels limiting, tight, conditional. I am secure.

Suddenly secure doesn't feel good enough. In this constantly changing world, relying
on outside 'things' or 'people' for our sense of well being is PERFECT for creating suffering.

Safety is bigger, from the inside and forever. Safety comes from seeing beyond security, safety comes from trust. I may even suggest that safety is a decision.

This is a big concept, bigger than I have fully integrated, but I wanted to bring it to you for your thoughts, for you to play with and get back to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm very excited to be hosting A Course In Miracles teacher from the US in May,
Inviting you to JOIN as we remember who we TRULY are.

A Course In Miracles
Jason Warwick

Messenger of Peace
www.livingmiraclescenter.org

May 10, Unity Church 7-9 pm
May 11, Highwood RIver Inn 10-5, movie night 7-9

Register at www.fawnabews.com


FINALLY, Light Touch, Big Impact Sessions

I am available for one on one sessions evenings and weekends after May 13th- until then I will be CELEBRATING 40
with a Dolphin Swimming Adventure and then 6 days in San Francisco with my husband. I am very grateful.

Sessions have become a highly integrated adventure. Mixing light touch body work, energy balancing, coaching and
intuitive work the more recent sessions are taking my clients from scattered, uncertain and in pain to balanced, centered
and in control.

Here is a recent testimonial:

"I was really grateful for the level of listening and honesty that came out of that session and thank you for tuning in and helping me understand something I have not been able to hear or understand for years. I felt like you helped unveil a HUGE piece of this puzzle for me and i feel radically different as a result." JG

No comments:

Post a Comment