Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bringing it All Together

The theme of this weekend was bringing it all together! For example, on my bedside right now there is:
A small bottle of Holy Water from Lourdes
Vick’s Vaporub
Essiac Tea
Angel Cards
Tylenol Extra
Journal
A Course In Miracles
A Womens Study Bible
3 Andara Crystals, a Selenite and a Rose Quartz
An Interpretation of the Bhagavad Gita
Success Rituals 2.0 (featuring my friend Kim Page Gluckie)
Copy of “The Girl Who Played with Fire”
A hand painted picture from Thailand from my brother and sister in law
I AM THE WORD (another book...)

First of all, update- I am feeling calm, healthier than I have for months, hungry, and I can breathe through my left nostril (dreamy)- I can talk clearly again and say the word ‘bean'. I’m noticing that I feel a little ‘protective’- not wanting to go into crowds or busyness, just enjoying the Peace of my house and moments with family and friends- online and in person.

I am not particularly great at any ‘Left Brain Activities’, enjoying movies over reading, quiet and listening to music. Hair intact, only a tiny bit of mouth soreness, so all in all it feels miraculous. The shrinkage on the tumours is difficult to gauge, but where I had a large mass inside on the roof of my mouth, one on my neck, one near my left ear, in the left and right nostrils- now there is ONLY an inability to breathe through the right nostril and if I look deep with a flashlight I can see a faint pearly whiteness. This is compared to the complete filling and expansion of the right nostril with the tumour grossly visible.

Yesterday I spent two hours on my friends Crystal Healing Bed, we were both shocked- seemed like it had been an hour. Velva Dawn is an author, healer and just so much that I can’t even list it here- please look her up. We have been treating each other on and off for years and we never know what to expect. She followed guidance and intuition and man oh man- it was Divine. I won’t go into two hours of detail, but the overall theme seemed to be “Bring It All Together”.

We both come from a medical/science background and have been drawn into the ‘woo-woo’ :)
We talked about the value in just doing what is Guided (this discernment takes some self awareness and practice)- which included reflexology (something we are both trained in but use less than the ‘energy’ work). Even her iPod agreed with us, inserting a JLo dance tune in the midst of chants and healing tunes, and it was so perfect, the words were so right that they brought tears to my eyes!

I am following the diet as given- it is what I want to eat, so it’s been easy, I am taking a few supplements and immune boosters and (possibly a relief for some of you to hear), anticipate having a second chemo treatment on April 30th.

My thoughts on the chemo at this point, and I am willing to allow them to change, is to be mindful. If I become completely symptom free I want to be tested and see what’s going on.

I just can’t not mention here that my belief is that ALL of this healing is coming from the Mind- from the inside out and not the other way around, this brings a ‘sameness’ to the treatments.

The prayers, generosity in all of it’s forms (I will have to do a list at some point- it is REMARKABLE), and well wishes lift us all.

Dusty and I spent a great day in reflection today, he with his 15 pack and me with my tea- we talked about perspective and judgement and moving forward. We are being well cared for.

I’ll close with what Jake (14yrs) just said to me “Mom, what if while the tumour was dying it screamed a little scream the whole time”- LOL- yeah, that would suck.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Keep up the great work, and better a little scream than a big loud one haha.

    ReplyDelete