Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Following Your Heart


I’ve been touched by the gifts I’ve been receiving, not so much for the material value, but I am finding that those around me are offering gifts of themselves. They are offering items that make them happy, they are extending their talents. This week has been a perfect example of this.

My friend Jane offered singing lessons (“I was in the bath and I was thinking it would be great for your throat and lungs”)- so watch for us on tour. There are too many to mention. Monday and Tuesday were perfect examples of how it all works out when you follow your heart.

On Monday we got the kids off to school and I realized I was a bit more fatigued than I thought. I puttered around the house a bit until the dog started going crazy- it was my friend Lee-Anne who is a wildlife photographer- she brought me the most beautiful picture of an eagle (the imagery of the eagle has been showing up a lot). Lee-Anne and I had tea and I was expecting Cara and Jager (a good friend of Gus) for lunch.

Cara arrived with Salad and Bubbles! Cara is full of energy, her enthusiasm for the bubbles was contagious. I am quite sure that I would not have ventured outside on Monday, let alone outside and play. As we ran around the yard I realized how fun and outdoors were also a critical part of this healing process. As I’d become ill over the winter I had been spending more and more time indoors- despite little pangs that going out for a walk would be a good thing to do. Not only did we get to play but there just so happens to be a photographer on hand, excited to shoot bubbles and play! Cara was happy, I was happy- the boys were pure Joy and the photo’s that Lee-Anne captured are magical. Before the day was out I was also given supper and cookies for the kids!

On Tuesday I ventured out on my own for the first time in a couple of weeks. This story needs to be told from the very beginning.

In running the Highwood River Inn this winter I was really interested in bringing events in that I was passionate about. This birthed some amazing house concerts and there are some fabulous retreats coming this summer. Alisa Gamblin, of Garden of the Mind Hypnotherapy in Nanton, and I decided it would be great to view and discuss some spiritual/expansive thinking films. We set this up for the spring and we were able to do one show- otherwise it just didn’t fly. Instead of thinking this was a failure - here is how it was a total success. At the one event I met a lovely woman from Millarville, Deb Elliot. Deb was passionate about sharing a book and some work with me. She got my number and we met so that she could give me the book and tell me a little bit more about Brandon Bays- The Journey. It is fascinating work, Brandon healed herself from a basketball sized tumour. Now remember, this is before I knew I was sick! I used ‘the Journey’ work both before and after diagnosis and had some really great insights. Last week Deb sent me a note asking if I liked the book, I told her the whole story and commended her on following her heart and being so persistent in getting me the book- it was truly helpful. She offered to lead me through the process and as I am apt to do right now- I said ‘yes’!

So that’s where I went Tuesday, to meet with Deb at her home and have her run me through “The Journey”. All I had to do was sit and close my eyes and then she runs through ‘a script’ leading me back to where a healing is required. The experience was phenomenal, I’m not going to go through the details, but once again I came away feeling clearer, more centred and I am becoming more and more convinced that WE are the light of the world.

The point of this, besides telling you how very lucky and magical my life has become, is that when you share the gift of your passion it is good for EVERYBODY. No sacrifice, no obligation, no loss.

Thank You to all of you who continue to share yourselves with me, I am truly grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Fawna, Your words and blogs bring me lots of inspiration. Seeing the picture of you with the bubbles was one my 5 special things that day. Each night my husband and I pray with our daughter and we include you in those prayers. We must all come to God as little children in wonderment. Peace and blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete